Key responsibilities of the State Sales Manager:
- Plan, organise, direct, support, mentor and lead the sales staff and department to meet sales, gross profit and expenditure targets.
- Build effective communications, understand training and development needs and provide insight for the improvement of sales and activity performance with the sales team.
- Demonstrate growth in the form of new customers and new opportunities at new or existing sites.
- Responsible for the execution and achievement of the sales plan for a specific geography.
- Maintenance contract renewals and other service sales opportunities.
- Accurate forecast of orders and growth opportunities.
- Prepare reports, forecasts.
- Build and manage high level pre and post sales relationships with engineers, contractors, facility managers, builders and end users.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospects submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Keep track of market intelligence in the industry with respect to market development, projects, competitive activity, customers, etc and report regularly to senior management.
- Assist senior management to develop relevant business proposals.
- Maintain accurate records of all correspondences, pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Sales Engineers.
- Create and conduct technical presentations.
- Assist Sales engineers in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Ensure that all Sales staff meet or exceed activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Recruit, train, appraise, motivate and set standards of job performance for individuals within your sales team.
- Any other responsibilities as required by the business or as directed by company management.
Achieve overall Sales revenue and Gross Margin targets and manage expenditure within pre-determined budget. Leadership and continuous development of the Sales team for the state in a professional manner ensuring high performance at all times. Promote Stulz culture and brand values to ensure team engagement, commitment, trust, team spirit and harmony Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team. Strive at all times to provide excellent levels of customer service and support.